Sunday, December 11, 2005

The nibbles begin

So far I've posted notices about my new status as an actual, paying publishing market on the following sites:
  • Forward Motion
  • NaNoWriMo
  • Absolute Write

Any other suggestions about where to get the word out would be much appreciated. I'd love to get Miss Snark, Writer Beware, and POD-dy Mouth to link to me, partly because I adore those blogs but also because they get great traffic.

Remember, although for the moment I'm trying to generate manuscript submissions, the next inevitable step is going to be selling the books! The key to the marketing strategy is selling directly to writers by keeping cover prices low. That's why we're not going through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or any of the "usual" outlets. But the trade-off for buying a Nano book is the knowledge that the author is getting royalties from the very first book sold, and that NaNoWriMo is getting a donation. And we all know what wonderful work they do with their donations!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?